Leadership Fellowship, Inc.

Uniting in Fellowship, Rising in Unity, Taking Dominion over the Earth, fullfilling God's purpose

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Communion

anthontolbert

When taking communion,what does it mean to eat this bread or drinkthis cupof theLord unworthily and not discerning the body. Iremeber this topic came up at one time or another at a Leadership meeting and it has been a topic at a bible study that I attend.

January 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Clinton Lee
Site Owner

I believe that based on scripture 2 Cor. 5:17 & 21 that this refers to eating and drinking the Lord's blood and & body without an understanding of what power it holds for the believers health & spiritual wellness  (Isaiah 53:1-5 tells us what has been purchased by Jesus for the believers) This passage of scripture has been taught that the individual believer wasn't worthy but that is not what Paul writes. He is stating that we may perform the act of eating and drinking unworthily not that the believer is unworthy. IMHO; I look forward to others response on this issue. God Bless you for posting such a relevant topic for the body of Christ in this day and age.

--

John 3:17 - God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved.

January 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

anthontolbert

Sorry for the delay in responding. This is a topic that we have been having in my community. Many are saying they cannot take of communion because of sin even though they are now believers and as they have said fallen from Grace. This helps greatly.

January 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.